Mardi Himal Trekking name is derived from Mount Mardi. This mountain about 5200 meter from sea level is lying less than fifteen miles north of Pokhara valley. Mardi Himal is the most southerly mountain of the Mount Annapurna range. Mardi Himal is a lower trekking peak in Nepal.
In Mardi Himal Trekking you reach the base camp of Mt. Mardi at an altitude of 4100m then after you return back. While trekking you will get splendid mountain views, cross sparkling rivers and walk through lush green terraced fields. Trekkers also pass through beautiful forests and interesting villages having cultural diversity along route. Warm hospitality and friendly behavior of local people give extra flavor to trekkers participate in Mardi Himal Trekking.
Mardi Himal (5,587 m) lies less than 15 miles from Pokhara, and is the most southerly peak of the Annapurna range. It is the lowest and the least climbed or visited peak. Photographs of Mardi Himal taken in 1953 by Baisl Goodfellow first drew the attention of western climbers, and the mountain received its first ascent in 1961. The first route was via the East Flank and is the only one used so far.
The mountain separates the southwest ridge of Machhapuchhare as a separate mass at right angles to the ridge and is best seen from the south. The southwest face of the mountain has three well-defined ridges rising from rock buttresses and separated by hanging glaciers. Its east face is separated from the Machhapuchhare ridge by a col at 5,200 meters. The normal climbing route to the summit of Mardi Himal passes through this col. The summit offers a splendid view of the Annapurna Range and the Fishtail Mountain (Machhapuchhare). The valleys and ridges south of Mardi Himal are steep and heavily wooded with bamboo and rhododendron. Alpine pastures above the forest provide a good habitat for wildlife.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Kathmandu, prepare expedition & briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara tourist bus & transfer to hotel
- Day 04: Drive to Phedi and then start trek to Pothana
- Day 05: Pathana -trek to Jungle camp
- Day 06: Forest camp - trek Bhaisi Khark
- Day 07: Bhaisi Khark - Trek to Mardi himal Base camp
- Day 08: Base cam - climb to high camp
- Day 09: Summit Mardi Himal & back to base camp
- Day 10: Base camp - trek back to Jungle camp
- Day 11: Jungle camp - trek to Siding village
- Day 12: Siding village - trek to Mardi Khola Bridge
- Day 13: Mardi Khola Bridge - trek to Hyanja & drive to Pokhara
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus & transfer to hotel
- Day 15: Mardi Himal Peak Climbing ends / Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Mardi Himal Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Annapurna Conservation Area (TIMS Card).
- Annapurna Trek & Mardi Himal Peak climbing expedition route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Mardi Himal Peak B.C.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Mardi Himal Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Annapurna Region Trek & Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Mardi Himal Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Mardi Himal Peak climbing expedition base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Mardi Himal Peak climbing expedition trips.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 10, 2017 - March, 25, 2017||Guaranteed||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|March, 22, 2017 - April, 06, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 25, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 06, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Route Map: Approx.
Similar Annapurna Region Climbing