Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
- Kathmandu and Pokhara city tour
- Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
- Beautiful, surreal high desert mountain landscapes
- Man-made caves in Grand Canyon-like landscapes
- Stunning treeless and barren landscapes
- Exploring the Kali Gandaki River valley
- Picturesque views of the Himalayas
- Visiting the capital of Mustang "The Lo Manthang"
Until recently the Upper Mustang was one of the most isolated and unexplored corners of the Trans-Himalayan region. Foreign trekkers were first allowed to visit in 1992. Since its opening this region has become a very special destination for trekkers, despite the expensive permit fees compared to other regions. Once Upper Mustang used to be a separate kingdom and still it looks like a kingdom of a different kind, not only because of its topographic uniqueness but also because of its untouched Tibetan culture, people and their traditions. New lodges have made this trek more comfortable these days.
On the Upper Mustang Trek you can explore many places and strange mysterious cave monasteries that are unique to the region. Some places are very ancient and have centuries of history to discover: places like the 2500-year-old Samdzong and Chosar villages or the walled capital city of Lo Manthang. Other ancient monasteries and castles of the 14th century are on the trails, like Luri, Yara and Konchok Ling. Fossils, which are believed to be older than the mountains, probably 3 billion years old, have been found. Colourful and unique rock formations along with canyons carved by the rivers are some of the most eye-catching sights of this region; the rock formations look like a genuine piece of artwork carved by a famous artist. Finally we can witness the lively day-to-day activities of the local people and their festivals.
Upper Mustang Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m), Chek in Hotel.
- Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) & Trek to Kagbeni, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Geling (3570m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 07: Trek to Dhakmar (2820m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 08: Cross Mui la pass (4170m) & Trek to Tsarang (3560m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 09: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 10: Rest and Exploration Day in Lo-Manthang, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 11: Trek to Dhakmar (3820m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 12: Trek to Syangbochen (3800m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 13: Trek to Chhusang (2900m)
- Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2720m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara, Check in Hotel.
- Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu by Private Vehicle.
- Day 17: Upper Mustang Circuit Trek ends /Final departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara round flight ticket with Airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Upper Mustang Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Upper Mustang Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 19, 2017 - April, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 09, 2017 - April, 25, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 23, 2017 - May, 09, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|May, 07, 2017 - May, 23, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|May, 15, 2017 - May, 31, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|June, 04, 2017 - June, 20, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|June, 18, 2017 - July, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|July, 15, 2017 - July, 31, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|August, 06, 2017 - August, 22, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|August, 20, 2017 - September, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|September, 06, 2017 - September, 23, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 08, 2017 - October, 24, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|November, 05, 2017 - November, 21, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek