Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
- Kathmandu and Pokhara city tour
- Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
- Beautiful, surreal high desert mountain landscapes
- Man-made caves in Grand Canyon-like landscapes
- Stunning treeless and barren landscapes
- Exploring the Kali Gandaki River valley
- Picturesque views of the Himalayas
- Visiting the capital of Mustang "The Lo Manthang"
Until recently the Upper Mustang was one of the most isolated and unexplored corners of the Trans-Himalayan region. Foreign trekkers were first allowed to visit in 1992. Since its opening this region has become a very special destination for trekkers, despite the expensive permit fees compared to other regions. Once Upper Mustang used to be a separate kingdom and still it looks like a kingdom of a different kind, not only because of its topographic uniqueness but also because of its untouched Tibetan culture, people and their traditions. New lodges have made this trek more comfortable these days.
On the Upper Mustang Trek you can explore many places and strange mysterious cave monasteries that are unique to the region. Some places are very ancient and have centuries of history to discover: places like the 2500-year-old Samdzong and Chosar villages or the walled capital city of Lo Manthang. Other ancient monasteries and castles of the 14th century are on the trails, like Luri, Yara and Konchok Ling. Fossils, which are believed to be older than the mountains, probably 3 billion years old, have been found. Colourful and unique rock formations along with canyons carved by the rivers are some of the most eye-catching sights of this region; the rock formations look like a genuine piece of artwork carved by a famous artist. Finally we can witness the lively day-to-day activities of the local people and their festivals.
Upper Mustang Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m), Chek in Hotel.
- Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) & Trek to Kagbeni, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Geling (3570m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 07: Trek to Dhakmar (2820m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 08: Cross Mui la pass (4170m) & Trek to Tsarang (3560m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 09: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 10: Rest and Exploration Day in Lo-Manthang, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 11: Trek to Dhakmar (3820m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 12: Trek to Syangbochen (3800m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 13: Trek to Chhusang (2900m)
- Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2720m), Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara, Check in Hotel.
- Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu by Private Vehicle.
- Day 17: Upper Mustang Circuit Trek ends /Final departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Includes
- Pick up and drop service from Airport to Hotel and viceversa by Private vehicle.
- 3 Days accommodation in Tourist Standard Hotel in Kathmandu B/B Basis .
- Full Board Open and Choice Meals (3 Meals a day) wihile on Trek.
- Accommodation in twin sharing bases during trek in Tea House, Lodges or Guesthouse.
- Transportation to Starting Point and from Ending Point of the trek by Private Vehicle.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise Local Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters.
- Group Trekking Gears.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Agency Service Charge (10%) and all kinds of Government Taxes(13% VAT ).
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue (Helicopter), Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Travel Insurance, Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Any other item not included in "COST INCLUDES” Section.
Upper Mustang Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Upper Mustang Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Upper Mustang Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 19, 2017 - April, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 09, 2017 - April, 25, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 23, 2017 - May, 09, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|May, 07, 2017 - May, 23, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|May, 15, 2017 - May, 31, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|June, 04, 2017 - June, 20, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|June, 18, 2017 - July, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|July, 15, 2017 - July, 31, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|August, 06, 2017 - August, 22, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|August, 20, 2017 - September, 04, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|September, 06, 2017 - September, 23, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 08, 2017 - October, 24, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|November, 05, 2017 - November, 21, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek