Mera Peak is the highest peak among trekking peaks; It lies in Hinku valley of the Khumbu region. Before attempting a higher mountain it would be worth trying Mera Peak for acclimatization purposes. All the hardships will be forgotten once you are on the summit because from the top of Mera the gigantic view of Everest, Lhotse, Choo yu, Nuptse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga & many more peaks are visible in 360 degrees angle.
The view from the Mera Peak summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kangchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes.
Island Peak(6,160m) is the most famous peak among the trekking peaks due to its location & relative ease to climb is situated in the Everest region. From the summit of Island peak Lhotse 8511m (4th highest mountain in the world), Makalu, Barunste, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cholaste, Lobuche peak and other peaks are visible in close range.
Island Peak (Imje Tse 6189 m) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. It was renamed "Imje Tse" in the early '80s, though its original name is still more popular. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated West Face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier.
Amphulabtsa La Pass(5,650m)
Amphulabtsa La Pass is another difficult pass of Khumbu region. It is not only the high Himalaya summit but also famous for historical sites i.e. monasteries and temples of an old, still unspoiled civilization which attracts the tourists of High Mountains. The trek starts in sub tropical and reaches heights of over 5000m above the sea level. This trek has the characteristic features of a classic expedition. On this tour we will also have a privileged view on Mount Everest, the highest mountain of the world, but our tour won't follow the well-known tracks.
Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Prepare climbing permit & trekking, Hotel
- Day 03: Flight Ktm to Lukla, Trek to Chutenga, Lodge
- Day 04: Trek to Chatarbu via Chutanga Zatra La Pass, Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Kothy, Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Thagnak, Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Khare, Lodge
- Day 08: Rest day in Khare, Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Mera Base Camp, Camping
- Day 10: Climb to Mera Peak High Camp, Camping
- Day 11: Summit MERA PEAK 6654m. and back B.C, Camping
- Day 12: Trek to Thulowadar, Camping
- Day 13: Trek to Panch Pokhari, Camping
- Day 14: Trek to Amphulaptsa Base Camp, Camping
- Day 15: Rest Day in Amphulaptsa Base Camp, Camping
- Day 16: Trek to another side of Amphulaptsa Base Camp, Camping
- Day 17: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp, Camping
- Day 18: Summit Day Island Peak and back BC, Camping
- Day 19: Trek to Pangboche, Lodge
- Day 20: Trek to Namche Bazaar, Lodge
- Day 21: Trek to Lukla, Lodge
- Day 22: Flight to Kathmandu & Transfer to hotel
- Day 23: Contengency Day, Hotel
- Day 24: Mera Peak with Island Peak Climbing & Amphu Lapcha Pass Trekking trip ends /Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa la Pass Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All Domestic Flights Charges (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Island Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- Everest Trek & Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Island Peak B.S
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Island Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Everest Trek & Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Island Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa la Pass Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa La Pass trips.
Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Amphulabtsa la Pass Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mera Peak/Island Peak via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - May, 09, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing/Amphulabtsa la Trek Map
Similar Peak Climbing with Trekking