The Upper Dolpo Trek to Shey Gompa brings you into a mystical land where centuries-old Buddhist and Bonpo traditions, interwoven with shamanistic influences, are still an important part of daily life. The villages, gompas and people you meet during this trek will leave an unforgettable impression on you. The landscapes here are even more desolate and the villages even more isolated and pure. Camping is still necessary for this adventure.
Dolpo is the most remote and least-developed district in Nepal. Although a few anthropologists and geographers had explored the region, the entire district was closed to trekkers until 1989, when the southern part of Dolpo was opened to organised trekking groups. Peter Matthiessen's book The Snow Leopard and David Snellgrove's Himalayan Pilgrimage have contributed to the mystique and attraction of Dolpo.
The Upper Dolpo Trek route passes many gigantic mountain ranges: Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Kanjiroba, to name but a few. It also passes through Lower Dolpo, at one time a small kingdom in its own right. The main highlight is Shey Gompa, but lesser-known places include Saldang and Dho Tarap. Trekkers in this region enthuse about the wild remoteness, the stunning mountain scenery and the factthat the local people still have that innocent friendliness peculiar to people who live in excessively remote mountainous regions.
Upper Dolpo Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj, Check in Hotel
- Day 04: Fly to Juphal (2475m) & Trek to Dunai, Overnight in Camp
- Day 05: Trek to Rohagaon(2970m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 06: Trek to Regi (2940m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 07: Explore Shey Phoksundo Lake (3600m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Phoksundo - Pine forest (3750m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 09: Trek to Kangla B.C. (4450m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 10: Cross Nagdolo La (5110m) & Trek to Shey Gompa (4160m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 11: Trek to Sela Pass (5095m) & to Nam Gaun (4606m) to Saldang (33770m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 12: Trek to Chauri Kharkha (43,000m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Taxsindo (Tokyu 4,250m) via Jengla Pass (4,850m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Dhor Tarap (3944m), Rest day and Interation with the local people, Overnight in Camp
- Day 15: Trek to Sisaul (3756m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 16: Trek to Chhyugar (3440m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 17: Trek to Laisicap (2775m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 18: Trek to Sulighat (), Overnight in Camp
- Day 19: Trek to Juphal (2475m), Overnight Lodge
- Day 20: Fly Back to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
- Day 21: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 22: Upper Dolpo Trek Ends/Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customizetripomized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Upper Dolpo Trek Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu in B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Juphal and Juphal-Nepaljung-Kathmandu round flight ticket with Airport Tax.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Upper Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Upper Dolpo Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Upper Dolpo Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Upper Dolpo Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 07, 2017 - March, 29, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|April, 06, 2017 - March, 28, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|April, 17, 2017 - May, 09, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|May, 11, 2017 - June, 02, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|September, 08, 2017 - September, 30, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|September, 25, 2017 - October, 17, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|October, 03, 2017 - October, 25, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|October, 16, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
|November 10, 2017 - December, 02, 2017||Available||3,450.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek