The Mansalu Tsum Valley Trek is one of the most remote areas, located in the northern part of Gorkha district bordering Tibet. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word's Tsombo which means vivid. Ganesh and Tewa Himal are in the east, with Shringi Himal in the west. On a clear day Baudha Himal and Himalchuli are visible in the southwest. The Tsum Valley is inhabited by Gurung & Tamang people who follow Buddhism as a religion. Animal husbandry and agriculture are the main profession.
The Tsum Valley hosts many ancient gompas, caves and some of the biggest nunneries-Rachen Gompa, Dhephudonma Gompa and Gompa Lungdang in Nepal. After Chokang Paro (Chhekamparo) village, the Tsum Valley is quite wide and flat with lot of farms. Piren-phu cave is considered very holy in this region, with a very interesting legend related to it. The famous Tibetan saint and scholar, Milarepa, once mediated in the cave and during his meditation seven white pigeons used to deliver food and drink to him. Later the cave became quite famous as a Piren-phu, literally "pigeon cave".
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola (700m) via Arughat, Overnight in Lodge
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola (869m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Jagat (1340m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Lokpa (2240m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Dumje (2460m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Rachen Gompa (3240m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 10: Trek to Chhokang Paro (3031m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 11: Trek to Chumling (2386m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 12: Trek to Philim (2470m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 13: Trek to Tatopani (990m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 14: Trek to Soti Khola (700m), Overnight in Lodge
- Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
- Day 16: Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu in B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Upper Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 10, 2017 - March, 28, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|March, 20, 2017 - April, 07, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 03, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 05, 2017 - October, 23, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October 18, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|November 12, 2017 - November, 30, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek