The Mansalu Tsum Valley Trek is one of the most remote areas, located in the northern part of Gorkha district bordering Tibet. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word “Tsombo” which means vivid. Ganesh and Tewa Himal are in the east, with Shringi Himal in the west. On a clear day Baudha Himal and Himalchuli are visible in the southwest. The Tsum Valley is inhabited by Gurung & Tamang people who follow Buddhism as a religion. Animal husbandry and agriculture are the main profession.
The Tsum Valley Trek hosts many ancient gompas, caves and some of the biggest nunneries – Rachen Gompa, Dhephudonma Gompa and Gompa Lungdang – in Nepal. After Chokang Paro (Chhekamparo) village, the Tsum Valley is quite wide and flat with lot of farms. Piren-phu cave is considered very holy in this region, with a very interesting legend related to it. The famous Tibetan saint and scholar, Milarepa, once mediated in the cave and during his meditation seven white pigeons used to deliver food and drink to him. Later the cave became quite famous as a Piren-phu, literally ‘pigeon cave’.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola (700m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 04: Trek to Labu Besi (884m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 05: Trek to Jagat (1340m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 06: Trek to Philim (1570m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 07: Trek to Chumling (2386m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 08: Trek to Chhokang (3031m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 09: Trek to Dumje (2460m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 10: Trek to Chhokingparo(3031m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 11: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 12: Trek to Rachen Gompa (3280m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 13: Trek to Dumje (2460m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 14: Trek to Philim via Ripchet(2470m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 15: Trek to Tatopani (990m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 16: Trek to Soti Khola (700m), Overnight in Tea House
- Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
- Day 18: The Tsum Valley Trek ends / Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Cost Includes
- Pick up and drop service from Airport to Hotel and viceversa by Private vehicle.
- 3 Days accommodation in Tourist Standard Hotel in Kathmandu B/B Basis .
- Full Board Open and Choice Meals (3 Meals a day) wihile on Trek.
- Accommodation in twin sharing bases during trek in Tea House, Lodges or Guesthouse.
- Transportation to Kathmandu to Sotikhola to Kathmandu by Private Vehicle.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise Local Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters.
- Group Trekking Gears.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Agency Service Charge (10%) and all kinds of Government Taxes(13% VAT ).
Upper Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue (Helicopter), Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Travel Insurance, Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Any other item not included in "COST INCLUDES” Section.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 10, 2017 - March, 28, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|March, 20, 2017 - April, 07, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 03, 2017||Available||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October, 05, 2017 - October, 23, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|October 18, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
|November 12, 2017 - November, 30, 2017||Guaranteed||2,190.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek