- Cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- An insightful tour of Helambu region.
- Experience of Sherpa and mountain cultures.
- Spectacular view of the mountains.
- Trekking through beautiful cultural villages.
- Short and beautiful cultural exploration
Helambu Cultural Trek is much more than just a trekking trip. This beautiful exploration of the nature and culture of the region goes to Helambu region near Langtang range of the Himalayas. Although this is not a high altitude trekking, this trip is a great exploration cultural in addition to the natural wonders it has. Apart from the majestic beauty of nature and culture in the region, this trip boasts wonderful views of the mountain peaks.
The trip comprises of the fascinating wonders of nature and culture of the outskirts of Kathmandu to the Sherpa cultural riches in Helambu region. The trek that starts from northern foothills of Kathmandu, Sundarijal, ends at Melamchi Pul Bazar near Helambu. A beautiful Hyolmo culture and Buddhist influence make this trip a wonderful life time trip.
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu (1400m), Transfer to Hotel.
Today is the day of your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. As soon as you come out of the Kathmandu airport, you will find our representative waiting for you in the waiting area right outside the arrival lounge. You will be warmly greeted and welcomed by the representative and led to the vehicle. Our vehicle will take you to the trip hotel, most of the time in Thamel, that is 20-30 minutes drive, depending upon traffic, from the airport.
After you check into the hotel, you can take relaxing time on your own as there are no activities scheduled for today, except our trip briefing meeting. We will let you know about the briefing timing upon your arrival.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Trek Preparation, Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. We come to take your for a wonderful cultural heritage tour of Kathmandu valley. As part of the tour, we are going to visit four of the UNESCO Heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley. The places we visit today are incredible mixture of culture, history, spirituality, art and stories. Overnight in Hote.
Believed to have been created on its own, this Budhhist stupa is the oldest of all the monuments in Kathmandu valley. Standing atop a small hillock, Swoyambunath, known as monkey temple amongst tourists, provides a fascinating view of the valley, surrounding hills and snow-capped mountain at the distance on a clear day.
Patan Durbar Square
One of the three medieval palace squares, Patan Durbar Square holds its medieval art and architectural grandeur. Amazing skill of the artisans is evident in each and every building that stands in the square. The square comprises of medieval palace, temples and museum.
This site is the most sacred Hindu temple area in the country. But, as the temple is strictly a Hindu only area, non-Hindu tourists go there to watch the unique Hindu cremation rituals on the bank of River Bagmati. The death rites of Hindu family there are so engrossing and heart-touching which make you feel the moment. It's not any kind of intrusion in being there and watching somebody being cremated in an open ground. It's a great cultural experience.
This giant Buddhist stupa is considered as the biggest one in the world. This small square with giant shrine has a powerful presence of the spiritual vibrations. It's an important pilgrimage site for the people following Tibetan Buddhism.
- Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal(1,460m) & Trek to Chisapani (2,215m), Overnight in Lodge
It is the first day of trek on our Helambu cultural trekking journey. After relishing our breakfast, we drive for about half hour to Sundarijal on the northern foothills of Kathmandu valley. We get off the vehicle and get ready for the trek of the day. Steep uphill trail passes through forested part and then through a village to take us to Chisapani for a wonderful view of the mountain range and valley landscape. Once we reach Chisapani, we spend time lazing around.
- Day 04: Trek to Kutumsang (2470m), Overnight in Lodge
We follow the trail overlooking the awesome valley view and enjoying nature and mountains. We are trekking to Kutumsang today after breakfast. The trail goes through two small passes before descending to the destination for the day. We can enjoy some magnificent views of Langtang mountain range and other spectacular landscapes.
- Day 05: Trek to Thadepati (3,510m) , Overnight in Lodge
We continue on the third day of trek and head towards Thadepati. A steep uphill trek challenges us at the very beginning of the day. The trail goes through rhododendron woods towards the destination. When we reach Yurin Danda, a majestic view of the Himalayan peaks welcome us that makes us forget all the challenging effort we have taken to trek through. Eventually we reach Thadepati to stay overnight.
- Day 06: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2,740m) & hike up to Yangri Peak, Overnight in Lodge
Our trek for the day today takes us to Tarkeghynag village, also known as Helambu village. We trek through beautiful Sherpa settlements along the way. This region is a highly rich area in cultural wonders in addition to the majestic beauty of nature and mountains. We can experience the influence of Buddhist culture along the region. We explore a Buddhist monastery as well. A wonderful hiking up to Yangri Peak (3,770m) today makes our day with breathtaking views of the mountains.
- Day 07: Trek to Sermathang (2,590m), Overnight in Lodge
We are setting off on a cultural walk early in the morning after breakfast today that takes us to Sermanthang village. This day of walk is an easy one that takes us through forest and local cultural villages. Sermanthang is another beautiful village that gives us a deeper insight on the influence of Buddhism in the region. When we reach the village, we go to explore a monastery and surrounding.
- Day 08: Trek to Melamchi Bazar (870m), Overnight in Lodge
Today is the last day of our trekking part and we trek to Melamchi Pul bazar today. We set off on an easy day of walk towards the destination that takes us through several cultural and natural wonders along the trail. We descend to Melamchi pul bazar on the confluence of Melamchi Khola and Indrawati River. We can laze around once we reach there.
- Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
As we have already finished the trekking part of our trip, we are driving back to Kathmandu. We take a bus ride back to Kathmandu that will take about four hours. Once we are in Kathmandu, we go to hotel and spend the whole day at leisure on our own. Finding relieving massage, good food, souvenir shopping, and wandering around can keep you busy for the day.
A farewell dinner is scheduled for this evening. We will let you know the departure time for dinner once we reach Kathmandu.
- Day 10: Final Departure
The final day of the trip, we drive you to airport for your scheduled flight homebound or other destination. We will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight schedule.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customizetripomized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
- Whatsoever written in Cost Includes section Cultural Tour is not included for single travellers.
Helambu Cultural Trek Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Sundrijal and from Melemchi Bazar to Kathmandu by Private Vehicle.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters for carrying luggages.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Helambu Cultural Trek Cost Excludes
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Helambu Cultural Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Helambu Cultural Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Helambu Cultural Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 19, 2017 - March, 29, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|April, 02, 2017 - April, 12, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - April, 26, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|April, 30, 2017 - May, 09, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2017 - October, 03, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|October, 01, 2017 - October, 10, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 02, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|November, 05, 2017 - November, 15, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|November, 19, 2017 - November, 29, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
|December, 03, 2017 - December, 13, 2017||Available||1,090.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Langtang Region Trek