Mera Peak is the highest peak among trekking peaks; It lies in Hinku valley of the Khumbu region. Before attempting a higher mountain it would be worth trying Mera Peak for acclimatization purposes. All the hardships will be forgotten once you are on the summit because from the top of Mera the gigantic view of Everest, Lhotse, Choo yu, Nuptse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga & many more peaks are visible in 360 degrees angle.
The view from the Mera Peak summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kangchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes.
Mera Peak is for experienced climbers it is a technically straightforward ascent, the main hurdle being proper acclimatization to the high altitude. These reasons make Mera Peak a very popular destination, with guided trips to the mountain for clients with little or no mountaineering experience. All climbers are recommended to partake in preparative fitness and altitude training before attempting an ascent.
Mera Peak Climbing Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m), Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley, Trek/Expedition Preparation, Hotel
- Day 03: Kathmandu- Lukla (2,800m) by flight and Trek to Chhutenga (3,020m), Lodge
- Day 04: Trek to Thuli Kharka (4,320m.) via Zwatra la (4,610m), Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Kothe (4,182), Lodge
- Day 06: Kothe to Thaknak (4,356m), Lodge
- Day 07: Thaknak to Khare (5,045m), Lodge
- Day 08: Rest day and Acclimatization in Khare, Lodge
- Day 09: Khare to Mera Base Camp (5,350m), Tented Camp
- Day 10: Reserve Day for Summit if there's a bad weather, Tented Camp
- Day 11: Mera Base Camp to High camp (5,780m), Tented Camp
- Day 12: Mera High Camp to Summit (6,461m.) and back to Khare (5045m.), Lodge
- Day 13: Khare to Kothe (3,600m), Lodge
- Day 14: Kothe to Thuli Kharka, Lodge
- Day 15: Thuli Kharka to Lukla, Lodge
- Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel.
- Day 17:Rest and Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 18: Final Departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mera Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All Domestic Flights Charges (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Mera Peak Climbing Expedition.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Mera Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- Everest Trek & Mera peak climbing expedition route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Mera Peak B.S
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Mera Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Everest Trek & Mera Peak Climbing Expedition.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Mera Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mera Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Mera peak climbing expedition base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Mera peak climbing expedition trips.
Mera Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mera Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mera Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - May, 07, 2017||Guaranteed||2,790.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2017 - October, 15, 2017||Guaranteed||2,790.00||Inquiry|
|October, 04, 2017 - October, 25, 2017||Guaranteed||2,790.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||2,790.00||Inquiry|
|November, 04, 2017 - November, 25, 2017||Available||2,790.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mera Peak Climbing Map
Similar Everest Region Climbing