The Cho Oyu attempts the 6th highest peak in the world. An Austrian team first climbed Cho Oyu in 1954. Indian and German teams also climbed this peak in 1958 and 1964 respectively. Many expedition teams have successfully reached the summit.
The year 2004 was regarded as the Golden Jubilee of Cho Oyu; celebrations were organised by the Nepal Mountaineering Association with grand fanfare and jubilation. Around 400 climbers from across the world took part in this golden jubilee ceremony and most of them made the summit. Most Cho Oyu expedition teams now climb from the Tibetan side, due to the easier technical climbing route from there.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Cho Oyu Expedition Preparation, Hotel
- Day 03: Cho Oyu Expedition Briefing in Tourism Ministry, Hotel
- Day 04: Flight to Lukla 2800m. & Trek to Phakding 2600m. Lodge
- Day 05: Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m./ Lodge
- Day 06: Namche rest for acclimatization
- Day 07: Namche - Phortse Tenga 3680 m./ Lodge
- Day 08: Phortse Tenga - Macharmo 4470 m./Lodge
- Day 09: Machermo - Gokyo 4790 m./ Lodge
- Day 10: Gokyo – Gyazumba Tsho Lake 5000 m./Camping
- Day 11: Gyazumba Lake - Cho Oyo South Face Expedition 5200m./ Camping
- Day 12 – 38 Climbing Period of Cho Oyu 8,201m
- Day 39: Cho Oyu Base camp – Gokyo Lake/ Lodge
- Day 40: Gokyo Lake – Dole/ Lodge
- Day 41: Dole – Namche Bazaar/ Lodge
- Day 42: Namche – Lukla/ Lodge
- Day 43: Fly to Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- Day 44: Free Day (Rest Day) in Kathmandu
- Day 45: Mt. Cho Oyu Expedition ends / Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure on Domestic and International flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan.
- All Domestic flights Charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Mount Cho Oyu Expedition.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Cho Oyu Expedition.
- Mount Cho Oyu Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Tibet visa, travel permit for Mount Cho Oyu Expedition.
- Climbing permit for Cho Oyu expedition Tibet.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while on Cho Oyu Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Expedition manager, cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- Warm clothing, trek gear including porters Life & medical insurance
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit;
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on mount Cho Oyu Expeditions.(USE PAY).
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Entry visa & re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus for Cho Oyu base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Spring/Autumn 2017/2018 Fixed Departures
Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Cho Oyu Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 13, 2017 - May, 27, 2017||Available||13,900.00||Inquiry|
|August, 27, 2017 - October, 10, 2017||Available||13,900.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Map
Similar 8,000M Expedition