Located in Nepals Khumbu region this pyramid shaped Mount Pomori 23,495 ft.peak dominates the skyline behind Kala Pataar (19,000 ft). Anyone who has made the trip to Everest either as a climber or trekker will remember Pumori's distinctive shape. Named by George Leigh Mallory, Pumori apparently means 'Unmarried Daughter' in the Sherpa language. Used as a training peak for past.
The ascent starts at 5,300m. In a beautiful base camp aside a small lake (water source, take water filters or barrels - where you can pack your equipment- and to clarificate the water -let sand to drop all night-). From base camp you have the most wonderful sight of Mt. Everest you can imagine, just above is Kalapattar Rock hill at 5545m.
The route follows the Southeast buttress before it traverses to the East Ridge for the remainder of the ascent. Requiring excellent physical fitness, Pumori offers sections of wild exposure, views of Lhotse and Mt. Everest , with technical difficulty worthy of any Himalayan alpinist. Pumori is a serious expedition peak, only for experienced climbers in Himalaya .
Mount Pumori Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Preparatin for Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Briefing expedition in Ministry of tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding, lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Namche, lodge
- Day 06: Namche rest for acclimatization, lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Thyanboche, lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Pheriche, lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche, lodge
- Day 10: Trek to Pumori Base Camp, Camping
- Day 11-29 Climbing Period for Pumori (7145m.), Camping
- Day 30: Trek to Pangboche, Lodge
- Day 31: Trek to Namche, Lodge
- Day 32: Trek to Lukla, Lodge
- Day 33: Fly back to Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- Day 34: Free rest day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 35: Mt. Pumori Expedition trips ends / final departures
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Pumori Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of mount Pumori Expedition trips.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Pumori Expedition.
- Mount Pumori Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Permits for the mount Pumori Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while Trekking to Pumori base camp and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- We provide warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Pumori Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Pumori base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Pumori expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 3,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Pumori Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mount Pumori Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mount Pumori Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - May, 19, 2017||Available||9,000.00||Inquiry|
|October, 03, 2017 - November, 01, 2017||Available||9,000.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Pumori Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 6,000M Expedition