The Manaslu Expedition has become one of the more popular but still arduous mountaineering destinations. Manaslu (also known as Kutang, meaning flat place!) is the eighth highest mountain in the world. The mountain can be approached from various sides but most attempt it from Samagaon along the Budhi Gandaki valley. The name was later changed to Manaslu, derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa, and can be translated as 'Mountain of the Spirit'.
The first ascent of this peak was in 1956, by T. Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu on a Japanese expedition. The peak was not climbed again until 1971, when another Japanese team made the second ascent. In 1997 Charlie Mace made the first American ascent. There are half a dozen established routes on the mountain today, but the south face is arguably the toughest. Roughly one in five climbers have perished on this peak, making it the 4th most dangerous 8000m peak, behind Annapurna, Nanga Parbat and K2.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and Transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Manaslu expedition preparation & Cultural tour, Hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Arughat, Lodge
- Day 04: Drive to Sotikhola, Camping/Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Machha khola, Camping/Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Jagat, Camping/Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Philim, Camping/Lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Deng, Camping/Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Ghap, Camping/Lodge
- Day 10: Trek to Lho village, Camping/Lodge
- Day 11: Trek to Sama Goan (Ro), Camping
- Day 12: Rest Day in Sama Goan, Camping
- Day 13: Trek to Manaslu Base Camp, Camping
- Day 14-41: Climbing Period for Manaslu (8163m.), Camping
- Day 42: Trek back to Sama Goan after the Manaslu expedition, Camping
- Day 43-47: Trek back to Arughat, Lodge
- Day 48: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 49: Free Day (Rest Day) in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 50: Manaslu Expedition Ends/ Airport transfer for final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Cost Includes
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Manaslu expedition
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan.
- Private transportation to and from the expedition starting points.
- Manaslu summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climbers ratio).
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Manastu expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- Manaslu National part permit fee.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Manaslu.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Expedition manager, Expedition cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- All camping and kitchen equipment including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent, toilet tent etc.
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Manaslu expedition.
- 02@4 liters Oxygen with TOP OUT regulator and mask for the use while on Manaslu expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for high clim.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC).
- All necessary climbing hardware group equipment.
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency.
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus for Manaslu Base Camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Manaslu expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 3,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Spring/Autumn Fixed Departures 2017/2018
Manaslu Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Manaslu Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 09, 2017 - May, 23, 2017||Available||10,490.00||Inquiry|
|August, 28, 2017 - October, 10, 2017||Available||10,490.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Expedition Map
Similar 8,000M Expedition