Dorje Lhakpa is a mountain in the Langtang Himal area in Nepal. Visible also from Kathmandu valley it has an elegant pyramid-shaped figure and is an ideal target for photographers and mountaineers. Considered by many of intermediate difficulty with easiest route from the west ridge. The first attempt and successful climb recorded is by a Japanese expedition in the late 1960s by the west ridge.
Another attempt was made by a 7-members-team Italian expedition ADC89 during fall of 1989, again from the west ridge and approach from south. The climb was stopped after Camp 1 at approx 6100m due to instable snow and avalanche danger on the ridge. In the following years (1991?) a German expedition successfully climbed the mountain again by the west ridge. In 1992, Carlos Buhler made a solo climb of Dorje Lhakpa. Buhler did not intend initially to climb solo. The climb became a solo of the West Ridge after Carlos' partner, Jon Aylward, became ill at base camp. The climb is described in Carlos' 1992 American Alpine Journal article 'Alone on Dorje Lhakpa'.
Mount Dorje Lakpa Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Preparation for Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Drive to Syabrubesi, Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Lama Hotel, Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Langtang Village, Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa, Lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka, Camping
- Day 09: Trek to Lakpa Dorje Base Camp, Camping
- Day 10-28: Climbing Period of Mount Lakpa Dorje, Camping
- Day 29: Trek to Yak Kharka, Camping
- Day 30: Trek to Langtang Village, Lodge
- Day 31: Trek to Lama Hotel, Lodge
- Day 32: Trek to Syabru Bensi, Lodge
- Day 33: Drive to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 34: Free rest day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 35: Mt. Dorje Lakpa Expedition ends /Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Dorje Lakpa Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Expedition trips.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Dorje Lakpa Expedition.
- Mount Dorje Lakpa Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area Trekking & Climbing permit and all government taxes.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while Trekking to Dorje Lakpa base camp and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- We provide warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on mount Dorje Lakpa Expeditions.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Dorje Lakpa Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Ama Dablam base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Dorje Lakpa expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 5,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Dorje Lakpa Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Dorje Lakpa Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Dorje Lakpa Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 19, 2017 - May, 23, 2017||Available||9,990.00||Inquiry|
|October, 01, 2017 - November, 04, 2017||Available||9,990.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Dorje Lakpa Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 6,000M Expedition