This 9 days trek passes yak herders and lush meadow valleys on its way to Jumolhari Base camp. Mount Jumolhari is one of Bhutan’s most beautiful mountains and it towers over the Paro Valley with a height of 7314m. From Jangothang the view of the mountains is spectacular. This is a circuit trek that begins in Paro and returns via an alternative route.
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive Paro (2300m), Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Paro – Shana (2820m), Camp.
- Day 03: Shana – Thangthangka (3610m)
- Day 04: Thangthangka – Jangothang(4115m)
- Day 05: Jangothang – Rest day and visit around, Camp
- Day 06: Jangothang – Thangthangka Camp.
- Day 07: Thangthangka – Shana: Camp.
- Day 08: Shana - Paro – Thimphu and Check in Hotel.
- Day 09: Fly back to final destination.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Cost Includes
- All meals during jomolhari trek
- Overland transportation with in Bhutan ( Japanese vehicles),
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide,
- Necessary airport/ hotel/ airport transfers, cultural shows for jomolhari trek.
- In trek, accommodation in the best available tents (moss),with all meals, air pillows sheets hot water bottles, dinging tent, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, backed to by our skilful and experience crew while on jomolhari trek
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Cost Excludes
- airport taxes
- Bhutanese visa fee(US$ 20.00 payable at airport upon arrival)
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- drinks at hotels/lodges and expense of personal nature such as laundry, trip insurance, etc.
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Jomolhari Base Camp Trek.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Jomolhari - Information
Jomolhari or Chomolhari sometimes known as "the bride of Kangchenjunga", is a mountain in the Himalayas, straddling the border between Yadong County of Tibet, China and the Thimphu district of Bhutan. The north face rises over 2,700 metres (8,900 ft) above the barren plains. The mountain is the source of the Paro Chu (Paro river) which flows from the south side and the Amo Chu which flows from the
The mountain is sacred to Tibetan Buddhists who believe it is the abode of one of the Five Tsheringma Sisters; (jo mo tshe ring mched lnga) — female protector goddesses (Jomo) of Tibet and Bhutan, who were bound under oath by Padmasambhava to protect the land, the Buddhist faith and the local people.
On the Bhutanese side is a Jomolhari Temple, toward the south side of the mountain about a half-day's journey from the army outpost between Thangthangkha and Jangothang at an altitude of 4150 meters. Religious practitioners and pilgrims visiting Mt. Jomolhari stay at this temple. There are several other sacred sites near Jomolhari Temple, including meditation caves of Milarepa and Gyalwa Lorepa. Within an hour's walk up from the temple at an altitude of c. 4450 meters is Tseringma Lhatso, the "spirit lake" of Tsheringma.
In Tibet there is an annual pilgrimage from Pagri to a holy lake, Jomo Lharang, which lies at c. 5,100 metres (16,700 ft) elevation, just north of the mountain.
Responsible TravelA proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Location map of Jomolhari Base Camp Trek
Similar Bhutan Tours/Trekking