Ganja-La Chuli also called Naya Kanga, is magnificently situated in the rarely visited Langtang region of Nepal . Its accessibility makes it an ideal choice of venue for a short visit to the himalayas. The normal route to this peak is via the snowy north-east ridge. It is not yet clear who climbed this summit first. The most important reward of climbing Naya Kanga is the spectacular view of mountains in or near Tibet.
No one knows who first climbed this peak but many would like to credit Tilman with the feat. Certainly he and Peter Lloyd were probably the first westerners to cross the ganja La in this region. However it is certainly a beautiful looking mountain and worthy of far more attempts than it gets compared with the more well known trekking peaks in the Kumbhu. The technical difficulty of the climb is rated at Alpine Grade PD+. This is mainly a function of three things: the fact that you are on significant snow slopes for most of the journey above camp 1; some crevasses as you turn west below the Ganja La; and finally the short ridge section to the summit. The summit can be gained in two days from Kyanjin with one camp at Branchen or Nyengang Kharka, or alternatively in three days with a second camp at Kangla Phedi just beow the Ganja La.
While closed to Kathmandu, Ganja La Chuli 5844m.(Naya Kanga) is the most accessible of our "people peaks" towering over the South of alpine Langtang valley and holy lakes of Gosaikund. its fine ridge systems provide superb climbing and spectacular scenery from a top the summit, you can gaze in wonder at the peaks of the Jugal Himal as a Dome Blanc, Langshisa Ri and at Tibet's highest Mt. Shisapangma 8035m. the last 8,000m. peak in the World to be the climbed.
Naya Kanga (Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu air port transfer hotel 1350.
- Day 02: Prepare permit & briefing
- Day 03: Drive Dunche and Syabru besi
- Day 04: Shyabru besi - Lama Hotel
- Day 05: Lama Hotel - Langtang
- Day 06: Langtang - Kyanjing Gompa 3800m.
- Day 07: Kyanjing Gompa rest/acclimatization
- Day 08: Kyanjing Gompa - Naya Kanga B.C. 4400m.
- Day 09: High camp 5000m.
- Day 10: Summit Naya Kanga 5844m.& back to B.C.
- Day 11: Base camp - Kyanging Gompa
- Day 12: Kyanging Gompa - Lama Hotel
- Day 13: Lama Hotel - Syabru village
- Day 14: Shyabru village - Dhunche
- Day 15: Drive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 16: End of Ganja La Chuli (Naya kanga) Peak Climbing Expedition /Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu in B/B basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Ganjala Chuli Base Camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Ganjala Chuli Peak Climbing permits and TIMS Card fees.
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Ganjala Chuli Peak Climbing group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 05, 2017 - March, 21, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|March, 22, 2017 - April, 07, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 26, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Route Map
Similar Langtang Region Climbing