Ganja-La Chuli also called Naya Kanga, is magnificently situated in the rarely visited Langtang region of Nepal . Its accessibility makes it an ideal choice of venue for a short visit to the himalayas. The normal route to this peak is via the snowy north-east ridge. It is not yet clear who climbed this summit first. The most important reward of climbing Naya Kanga is the spectacular view of mountains in or near Tibet.
No one knows who first climbed this peak but many would like to credit Tilman with the feat. Certainly he and Peter Lloyd were probably the first westerners to cross the ganja La in this region. However it is certainly a beautiful looking mountain and worthy of far more attempts than it gets compared with the more well known trekking peaks in the Kumbhu. The technical difficulty of the climb is rated at Alpine Grade PD+. This is mainly a function of three things: the fact that you are on significant snow slopes for most of the journey above camp 1; some crevasses as you turn west below the Ganja La; and finally the short ridge section to the summit. The summit can be gained in two days from Kyanjin with one camp at Branchen or Nyengang Kharka, or alternatively in three days with a second camp at Kangla Phedi just beow the Ganja La.
While closed to Kathmandu,Ganja La Chuli 5844m.(Naya Kanga) is the most accessible of our "people peaks" towering over the South of alpine Langtang valley and holy lakes of Gosaikund. its fine ridge systems provide superb climbing and spectacular scenery from a top the summit, you can gaze in wonder at the peaks of the Jugal Himal as a Dome Blanc, Langshisa Ri and at Tibet's highest Mt. Shisapangma 8035m. the last 8,000m. peak in the World to be the climbed.
Naya Kanga (Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu air port transfer hotel 1350.
- Day 02: Prepare permit & briefing
- Day 03: Drive Dunche and Syabru besi
- Day 04: Shyabru besi - Lama Hotel
- Day 05: Lama Hotel - Langtang
- Day 06: Langtang - Kyanjing Gompa 3800m.
- Day 07: Kyanjing Gompa rest/acclimatization
- Day 08: Kyanjing Gompa - Naya Kanga B.C. 4400m.
- Day 09: High camp 5000m.
- Day 10: Summit Naya Kanga 5844m.& back to B.C.
- Day 11: Base camp - Kyanging Gompa
- Day 12: Kyanging Gompa - Lama Hotel
- Day 13: Lama Hotel - Syabru village
- Day 14: Shyabru village - Dhunche
- Day 15: Drive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 16: End of Ganja La Chuli (Naya kanga) Peak Climbing Expedition /Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak Climbing Expedition.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak Climbing permits(TIMS Card).
- Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak climbing expedition route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak B.C.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Annapurna Region Trek & Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak Climbing Expedition.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak climbing expedition base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Ganja La Chuli-Naya Kanga Peak climbing expedition trips.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 05, 2017 - March, 21, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|March, 22, 2017 - April, 07, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 26, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 07, 2017||Available||1,980.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Naya Kanga(Ganja La Chuli) Peak Climbing Route Map
Similar Langtang Region Climbing