Langtang Lirung, sometimes referred to as Langtang I,Mount Langtang-lirung Expeditions is the highest peak of the Langtang Himal and as such one of the more important mountains of the Central Nepalese Himalaya.
The Langtang Himal, lying to the north of Kathmadu and being readily accesible from there, is a complex range, its western border defined by the Bhote Kosi (later on known as the Trisuli), beyond which rises the Ganesh Himal. To the east it is connected to the Jugal Himal, to the northeast to the big massif of Shisha Pangma, while to the immediate north the Lende Tsangpo forms the natural border to Tibet.
Langtang Lirung itself is a bulky mountain with a 10 km long west to east running ridge that culminates at its eastern end in the actual summit. From there the south face drops steeply for 2200 meters to the floor of a giant cirque from which the Lirung Glacier issues. Towards the western end of the long ridge is a significant notch beyond which rises the shapely peak of Chenge Lirung (6581m), also known as Langtang II, first- climbed in 1963 by the Canadian Peter Taylor.
This mountain is a serious challenge for any party, cause it is either technically very difficult (the west ridge), subject to a good deal of objective dangers (the east ridge), or both (the south face).
Mount Langtang Lirung Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer hotel
- Day 02: Preparation for expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Briefing in Ministry of tourism, Hotel
- Day 04 Drive to Shabru Besi (1460m.), Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Lama hotel(2600m), Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Langtang village (3350m), Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3750m), Lodge
- Day 08: Rest day for acclimatization & day hiking, Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Langtang Lirung Base camp (4200m), Camping
- Day 10 - 28: Climbing Period of Langtang Lirung (7234m), Camping
- Day 29: Base camp preparation for back to Kathmandu, Camping
- Day 30: Trek to Lama Hotel, Lodge
- Day 31: Trek to Shyabru Besi, Lodge
- Day 32: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 33: Free day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 34: Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Langtang Lirung Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Langtang Lirung Expedition .
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Langtang Lirung Expedition.
- Langtang Lirung Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Permits for the mount Langtang Lirung Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while on Trekking to Langtang Lirung B.C and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- We provide warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on Langtang Lirung Expeditions.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Langtang Lirung Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Langtang Lirung base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Langtang Lirung expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 5,00.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Langtang Lirung Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Langtang Lirung Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Langtang Lirung Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 21, 2017 - May, 26, 2017||Available||12,000.00||Inquiry|
|October, 02, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Available||12,000.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Langtang Lirung Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 7,000M Expedition