Api is the highest peak in the Yoka Pahar Section of Gurans Himal, part of the Himalayas in the extreme northwest corner of Nepal, near the borders of India and Tibet. It is a little-known peak in a rarely visited part of the Himalayas, but it rises dramatically over the low surrounding terrain. Although low in elevation among the major mountains of Nepal, Api is exceptional in its rise above local terrain; the surrounding valleys are significantly lower than those surrounding most higher Himalayan peaks.
Api Himal Expedition starts after you trek up to the Api Himal Base Camp at an altitude of (4,000m.). It takes about 20 days for you to attempt the summit during which you take days rest and construct different camps at different height for acclimatizing you. You also explore the Holy lake of Kali Dhunga which is at 2 hours walking distance from the Api Hiimal Base camp. Api Himal Expedition is gaining popularity day by day with increasing number of tourist each year.
The Api region was visited by Westerners in 1899, 1905, and 1936, but the peak was not attempted until 1953. This attempt was unsuccessful, as was another, by Italians, in 1954 which resulted in the death of two expedition members.
The first ascent of Api occurred in 1960. The Doshisha Alpine Society of Japan successfully completed the Northwest Face route attempted by the 1954 party. In 1980 a British Army Mountaineering Association expedition made an attempt to climb the peak by the south face reaching within a few hundred meters of the summit. December 24, 1983 Polish climbers Tadeusz Piotrowski and Andrzej Bielu made the first winter ascent.
Mount Api Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer hotel
- Day 02: Preparing for Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Fly to Dhangadi & transfer hotel
- Day 05: Drive to Baitadi - Gokuleshwer, Camping
- Day 06: Trek to Ghana, Camping
- Day 07: Trek to Lathinath, Camping
- Day 08: Trek to Ghusa, Camping
- Day 09: Trek to Batar, Camping
- Day 10: Trek to Jungle camp, Camping
- Day 11: Trek to Api Himal base camp, Camping
- Day 12-29: Climbing period of Api Himal (7,132m), Camping
- Day 30: Trek to Jungle camp, Canmping
- Day 31: Trek to Ghusa, Camping
- Day 32: Trek to Lathinath, Camping
- Day 33: Trek to Ghana, Camping
- Day 34: Trek to Gokuleshwpr drive to Baitadi, Lodge
- Day 35: Drive to Dhangadi, Hotel
- Day 36: Fly back to Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 37: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 38: Api Expedition ends / Final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customizetripomized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Api Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Mount Api Expedition Trips.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Api Himal Expedition.
- Mount Api Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Permits for the Mount Api Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while on Trekking to Mount Api B.C and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on Mount Api Expeditions.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Api Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Api base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and customizetripom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Mount Api expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 5,00.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Api Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2018/2019
Mount Api Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Api Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 21, 2018 - May, 25, 2018||Available||11,500.00||Inquiry|
|October, 02, 2018 - November, 05, 2018||Available||11,500.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Api Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 7,000M Expedition