On the Lhotse Expedition climbers are attempting the fourth highest peak in the world (8516m). Lhotse, which means 'south peak', is part of the Everest massif. After several expedition teams had attempted to climb this mountain, it was first successfully climbed by a Swiss expedition in 1956. The lower peak, Lhotse Shar (8383m), is generally considered as a separate 8000m peak.
Lhotse East, Lhotse Central and Lhotse Shar
Lhotse Shar (8383m) was first climbed by an Austrian expedition in 1970. Japanese, South Koreans, and Germans attempted it from various routes. Polish and Italians also climbed to the summit, as did a following German expedition in 1977. The South Face of the Lhotse wall is one of the largest mountain faces in the world. This section of the climb has been unanimously declared the most dangerous, together with the Khumbu Icefall. The South Face, though attempted many times, was successfully climbed only in 1990 by a solo expedition from Yugoslavia. This beautiful massif also holds immense promise, as it is little developed and offers fascinating opportunities.
Mount Lhotse Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Prepared Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Expedition Briefing in Ministry of Tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding, Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Namche, Lodge
- Day 06: Rest day Namche Bazaar, Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Thyangboche, lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Pheriche, Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche, Lodge
- Day 10-43 climbing Period of Mount Lhotse 8,516m, Camping
- Day 44: Base Camp Preparation, Lodge
- Day 45: Trek to Pheriche, Lodge
- Day 46: Trek to Namche, lodge
- Day 47: Trek to Lukla, lodge
- Day 48: Fly to back to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 49: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 50: Lhotse Expedition trips ends / Final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Lhotse Expedition Cost Includes
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Lhotse expedition
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan.
- Private transportation to and from the expedition starting points.
- Lhotse summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climbers ratio).
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Lhotse expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- Everest National park permit fee.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Lhotse.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Expedition manager, Expedition cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- All camping and kitchen equipment including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent, toilet tent etc.
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Lhotse expedition.
- 02 @ 4 liters Oxygen with TOP OUT regulator and mask for the use while on Lhotse expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for high clim.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC).
- All necessary climbing hardware group equipment.
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency.
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Lhotse Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus for Lhotse base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and customizetripom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Lhotse expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 5,00.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Lhotse Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Lhotse Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Lhotse Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 08, 2021 - May, 27, 2021||Available||18,490.00||Inquiry|
|August, 26, 2021 - October, 16, 2021||Available||18,490.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mount Ama Dablam Expedition Map
Similar 8,000M Expedition