The Marsyangdi River is one of the most outstanding grade IV Kayaking Rivers in the world. Continuous, exhilarating white-water with magnificent mountain backdrops, Marsyandi drains through the northern slope of the Annapurna Himal. It flows East through an arid valley around Manang and then swings south to join the Trisuli River at Mugling. Marsyangdi means Raging River in local dialect.
It was opened to commercial rafting in 1996 and demands 100% commitment from both crew and guide. It is totally different from the big volume rivers like Sun Kosi and Karnali, the rapids are technical and require a very different approach. Need 100% power and a good line, fast reactions from crew to get through this pinball machine and quickly forges raft crews of complete strangers into true teams.
Marshyangdi River Rafting Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Half day Cultural tours around UNESCO world heritage sites/ Tour prepration, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive to Besishahar, Overnight in Lodge
- Day 04: Rafting from Besishahar to Tarkughat, Overnight in Lodge
- Day 05: Rafting from Tarkughat to Bimalnagar and drive back to Kathmandu, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 06: Free/Rest day in Kathmandu, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 07: Marshyangdi River Rafting Ends/ Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Marshyangdi River Rafting Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation at Kathmandu B/B Basis as listed in the Itinerary.
- Full board Open and Choice meal during the rafting period.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour as applicable.
- Guided World Heritage Sites Tour in Kathmandu Valley with entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Professional & Highly Experience Government Licensed Rafting Guide.
- Accmmodiation in Camp or Lode.
- All expenses of the Guides includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, and Equipment during your travel periods.
- All rafting and camping equipment's and Gear.
- Wetsuit or dry suit.
- Wet suit booties or wet shoes or booties-shoe combination
- Rafting Map.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the Itinerary.
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
Marshyangdi River Rafting Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Marshyangdi River Rafting Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Marshyangdi River Rafting Cost Facts
- The above rafting Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This tour can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The rafting Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- For these reasons the same rafting tours can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Marshyanggdi River Rafting.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Rafting Gear - Personal and Group
Casual clothing can be worn at any time during your stay in Nepal. However keep in mind that you are travelling in a mainly Hindu country. Please make sure you are appropriately dressed. Clothes that are too tight fitting, short or revealing such as shorts, mini skirts or low cut T-shirts should be avoided, especially in the country side. Whether you need warm woolen or down clothes or light summer clothes depends on your travel itinerary, on the altitude and season you travel. In high altitudes temperature changes can occur very quickly and vary drastically.
The climate of Nepal varies depending on the altitude of the area visited. A visist to Nepal is possible all the year round, but activites such as mountain flights, jungle safaris, rafting and trekking are best done from October to May.
The Nepalese Rupee is subdivided into 100 Paisa. Coins are available in 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50 & 100 Paisa. The denominations of notes are 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 & 1000 rupees. For the current exchange rate check our website.
220 volts AC, 50 cycles throughout the country. Australian plugs will fit in Nepalese power points. Please be aware that in many areas there is no electricity or it is not reliable, especially in remote areas and on treks.
Depending on your chosen type of accommodation, your room will vary. Kathmandu offers some beautiful International Hotels with high standard but do bear in mind that there is a big shortage of trained staff in Nepal, and things may not "hop" the way you expect. In general accommodation is clean, comfortable and acceptable for western travellers. All our hotels have private facilities. Of course lodges and other types of accommodations are of lesser standard..
Most hotels can arrange laundry, though rarely dry-cleaning. However, other than in Western-run or superior hotels, you can expect boiling, or other "rough" handling to be the order of the day. OK for T-shirts and cottons, but, not for your fine silks!
You can expect your bags to have a rough time in Nepal! Take sturdy luggage such as the nylon sausage type made of non-tear material. If you use bags with wheels or rucksacks with frames try to find one where they can be removed or are well recessed. This is not only because they may be broken off from your bags, but, they can also do great damage to other people's baggage. Your international baggage allowance is 20 kilos (44 lbs) in Economy Class.
The streams should be considered polluted and whilst bottled water is often available the disposal of plastic bottles is a problem. Have some means to purify water, iodine and/or a fine ceramic filter are the best options.
Responsible TravelA proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Location map of Marshyangdi River
Similar Rafting Trips