Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek
leads you through Tamang villages, stupas/monastries to the extremely adventurous trekking trail.
- Cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- A marvelous trekking through Langtang region.
- Hiking to Tserko Ri 5,000m.
- Trekking over Ganja La Pass at 5,130m.
- Amazing Sherpa and Tamang cultural exploration.
- Enchanting beauty of nature.
- Incredible views of the Himalayas
Ganja La Pass trekking in Langtang region of Nepal can be your ideal adventure trip. This fascinating trekking trip in the Himalayas is such a journey that takes you deeper in to the Langtang valley and higher to the Ganja La pass at the elevation of 5,130 meters above sea level.
One of the adventurous and wonderful trekking trips in the Himalayas, Ganja La pass trekking is the choice of adventurers for many reasons. From the Tamang and Sherpa cultural wonders to the natural charisma of the area make the trip truly a fascinating one. In addition to the natural and cultural wonders, some spectacularly breathtaking views of the Himalayas from Tserko Ri, Ganja La and from other parts of the trail add to the marvels of the trek.
Exploring the rich ethnic culture and Buddhist traditions of the region while trekking through brings you an awesome insight on the life style in the mountains of Nepal. Chhortens, mani walls, and Gompas that you come along throughout the trek give you an impression of the dominance of Buddhist cultural traditions in the region. Apart from the immersion into cultural marvels, you will experience a wonderful adventure walking along the trail closer to the mighty mountains.
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu (1400m), Transfer to Hotel.
Today is the day of your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. As soon as you come out of the Kathmandu airport, you will find our representative waiting for you in the waiting area right outside the arrival lounge. You will be warmly greeted and welcomed by the representative and led to the vehicle. Our vehicle will take you to the trip hotel, most of the time in Thamel, that is 20-30 minutes drive, depending upon traffic, from the airport.
After you check into the hotel, you can take relaxing time on your own as there are no activities scheduled for today, except our trip briefing meeting. We will let you know about the briefing timing upon your arrival.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Trek Preparation, Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. We come to take your for a wonderful cultural heritage tour of Kathmandu valley. As part of the tour, we are going to visit four of the UNESCO Heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley. The places we visit today are incredible mixture of culture, history, spirituality, art and stories. Overnight in Hote.
Believed to have been created on its own, this Budhhist stupa is the oldest of all the monuments in Kathmandu valley. Standing atop a small hillock, Swoyambunath, known as monkey temple amongst tourists, provides a fascinating view of the valley, surrounding hills and snow-capped mountain at the distance on a clear day.
Patan Durbar Square
One of the three medieval palace squares, Patan Durbar Square holds its medieval art and architectural grandeur. Amazing skill of the artisans is evident in each and every building that stands in the square. The square comprises of medieval palace, temples and museum.
This site is the most sacred Hindu temple area in the country. But, as the temple is strictly a Hindu only area, non-Hindu tourists go there to watch the unique Hindu cremation rituals on the bank of River Bagmati. The death rites of Hindu family there are so engrossing and heart-touching which make you feel the moment. It's not any kind of intrusion in being there and watching somebody being cremated in an open ground. It's a great cultural experience.
This giant Buddhist stupa is considered as the biggest one in the world. This small square with giant shrine has a powerful presence of the spiritual vibrations. It's an important pilgrimage site for the people following Tibetan Buddhism.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1,420m), Overnight in Tea House
We get ready for a day long drive to Syabrubesi, the trek starting point, after early breakfast. The road journey heads towards the destination through a narrow highway that goes outside Kathmandu and winds through beautiful green hills. Most of the stretch of the drive today goes through beautiful mountain sceneries and also passes through several towns and villages along the way. Eventually, we reach Syabrubesi after about seven hours of drive and laze around this small and charming town.
- Day 04: Trek to Sherpa Gaon (2,563m), Overnight in Lodge.
We are all set to start the first day of trekking journey in Langtang region. We are heading towards Sherpa Gaun today. The trail passes through serene surrounding of mountains and pleasant nature. It is our first day in the scenic mountains and we enjoy the scenic beauty of the area while traversing the trail up and down the hills. When we reach Sherpa Gaun, we explore the Sherpa cultural wonders of the place as suggested by the name of the place.
- Day 05: Trek to Thyangsyapu (3,120m), Overnight in Lodge.
On the second day of walk in the mountains of Langtang region, we are trekking to Thyangsyapu today that takes us above 3,000 meters above sea level. It is another day of beautiful natural and cultural exploration of the area on foot. It takes us deeper into the Langtang valley geographically and culturally as well. We reach the destination for the day and laze around for the rest of the day enjoying the wonders of mountains.
- Day 06: Trek to Mundu (3,340m), Overnight in Lodge.
The walk from Thyangsyapu to Mundu in Langtang region takes us past Langtang village or actually where Langtang village used to stand once before the earthquake in 2015. Sadly, entire Langtang village was swept away when a glacial landslide due to the earthquake struck the village. We walk further to Mundu village for overnight. The day walk brings some beautiful views of mountain peaks to make our day wonderful.
- Day 07: Trek to Kyanjin Gonpa (3730m), Overnight in Lodge.
We trek to Kyanjing Gompa today. Our walk takes us higher in the elevation and deeper into the Langtang Valley. We can feel influence of the Buddhist culture in the region as we trek along the trail. We pass along chhortens, mani walls, prayer flags; all of them representing the Buddhist cultural traditions. When we reach Kyanjing, we will be welcomed by spectacular view of mountain peaks. We go around the village to explore the awesomeness of the place.
- Day 08: Acclimatization Day in Kyanjin Gompa, Overnight in Lodge.
We spend an additional day here in Kyanjing Gompa but we won’t necessarily stay idle. We go for an amazing hike to Tserko Ri that stands at 5,000 meters above sea level. Our day starts before the break of dawn to meet the sunrise view from the top. Stunning views of the mountain peaks along with a spectacular sunrise over the Himalayas make our day wonderful. Later, we trek back to Kyanjing village and spend the whole day exploring the spiritual beauty of monastery there and the view.
- Day 09: Trek to Ganja La Base camp (4,430m), Overnight in Camp.
After exploring Kyanjing Gompa and village and hiking to Tserko Ri for a whole day yesterday, we start our trek towards Ganja La Base Camp today. We set off for the trek after breakfast and cross Langtang River and start uphill trek through rhododendron forest towards Ganja La Base Camp to stay overnight. Once we reach there, we explore around and try to adjust with the thinning layer of oxygen in the air.
- Day 10: Trek to Ganja la high camp (4,960m), Overnight in Camp.
We are trekking to the high camp today. We set off on a gentle paced walk towards the destination for the day. We are taking it as an easy day walk to the high camp. When we reach the high camp, we take our leisurely time to explore and acclimatize with the high altitude climate. The beauty of wonderful mountains keeps us engaged.
- Day 11: Trek to Kharkha (4,700m) via Ganja la pass (5,130m), Overnight in Camp
It is the highlight day of the trip today as we are going to walk over the 5,130 meters Ganja La pass. The pass is generally covered in snow almost throughout the year. We take up the early morning uphill challenge to the pass and spend some time there before descending to Kharka for overnight stay. Although the walk up to the pass is hard, we will be rewarded with a spectacular view.
- Day 12: Trek to Dhupku (4,040m), Overnight in Camp.
After crossing the Ganja La pass, we are on the return journey back towards Kathmandu. We trek to Dhupku today. This trekking journey for the day takes us lower in the elevation through fascinating trails that brings beautiful views of the surrounding. A wonderful day in the serene mountain atmosphere never stops fascinating us with wonders. We reach Dhupku to stay overnight.
- Day 13: Trek to Yangri Khara (3,130m), Overnight in Camp.
Our destination for the day is Yangri Kharka. We set off on the trek after relishing breakfast at Dhupku and traverse through natural wonders along the way. We explore and immerse into the charm of mountains and surroundings. Once in Yangri Kharka, we laze around for the rest of the day.
- Day 14: Trek to Gangyul (2,770m), Overnight in Camp.
Trekking to Gangyul today is another beautiful day of walking through the natural and cultural wonders. We walk along the beautiful surroundings on our pace enjoying all the marvels that come along. Eventually, we reach Gangyul to stay overnight. Gangyul is a village with rich ethnic Sherpa culture where we can see the Buddhist cultural influence.
- Day 15: Trek to Kakani (1,996m), Overnight in Camp.
We are trekking to Kakani today after breakfast. We leave behind the beautiful Sherpa village of Gangyul and advance towards Kakani. Along the trail, we can experience the same level of amazement as the natural and cultural marvels keep surprising us. We reach Kakani and spend some leisurely time around.
- Day 16: Trek to Melamchi Bazaar, Drive back to kathmandu, Check in Hotel
It's our last trekking day in the trip. We are going to conclude the trekking journey in Melamchi Pul Bazar and then drive to Kathmandu. We start early in the morning after breakfast and trek all the way down to Melamchi Pul Bazar to have lunch. Later, we take a bus ride back to Kathmandu that will take around four hours. Once we are in Kathmandu, we go to hotel and spend the whole day at leisure on our own. Finding relieving massage, good food, souvenir shopping, and wandering around can keep you busy for the day.
A farewell dinner is scheduled for this evening. We will let you know the departure time for dinner once we reach Kathmandu.
- Day 17: Final Departure
The final day of the trip, we drive you to airport for your scheduled flight homebound or other destination. We will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight schedule.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
- Whatsoever written in Cost Includes section Cultural Tour is not included for single travellers.
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and from Melemchi Bazar to Kathmandu by Private Vehicle.
- Standard Lodge/Camp accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters for carrying Luggages.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek Cost Excludes
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Langtang Ganja La Pass Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 18, 2021 - April, 05, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|April, 18, 2021 - May, 06, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|May, 16, 2021 - June, 03, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|September, 05, 2021 - September, 23, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|September, 19, 2021 - October, 07, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|October, 13, 2021 - October, 30, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|November, 07, 2021 - November, 25, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
|November, 14, 2021 - December, 03, 2021||Available||2.740.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
All Inclusive Price
US$ 2.740.00 Per/person
Please inquiry for group discount. Group Discount [+]
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Key Facts Ganja la Pass Trek
Trekking, Cultural Excursions
- Maximum Altitude
- Trek Difficulty
Relatively low altitude and moderate level trek, crossing passes of not more than 4500m and usually 5-6 hrs walking daily.Moderate
Full Board on Trekking
Flight & Private Vehicale
Similar Langtang Region Trek