The Lower Dolpo Trek is a more moderate trek through Dolpo with its maximum elevation at the Numa La (5238m). It is still high and remote, though. The main attractions are the lively local culture, the charming turquoise lake of Phoksundo (the deepest lake of Nepal) and the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. The locals believe that the lake is the manifestation of a popular female deity, Tara.
After your arrival in Kathmandu, you will enjoy a historical and cultural tour of the Kathmandu valley and its monuments while we obtain the special permits for the Lower Dolpo Trek. Then we take our flight to Jhupal via Nepalgunj. The Lower Dolpo Trek is meant for real adventurers wishing for an off-the-beaten-track experience. The trek passes through Shey-Phoksundo National Park, with spectacular mountain scenery, Buddhist monasteries and yak caravans. Our trek takes us through a wooded area, then through rugged canyons in the barren plateau near the border with Tibet. Experience the high altitude tundra and rocks and the microclimate of Lower Dolpo and Phoksundo, with the cold air of the glaciers of Kanjiroba.
Lower Dolpo Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu &Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj &Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 04: Fly to Jhupal (2475m) & Trek to Dunai (2140m), Overnight in Camp.
- Day 05: Trek to Tarakot (2537m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 06: Trek to Laini Odar (3370m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 07: Trek to Nawarpani (3475m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Do Tarap (3944m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 09: Rest Day Do Tarap (Acclimatization), Overnight in Camp
- Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 11: Cross Numa La (5238m) & Trek to Danigar (4131m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 12: Cross Baga La (5214m) & Trek to Yak Kharka (3982m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Ringmo(Shey Phoksundo Lake) (3733m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 14: Rest Day and Explore Phoksundo Lake (3600m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 15: Trek to Chhekp (2838m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 16: Trek to Jhupal (2475m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 17: Fly to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
- Day 18: Lower Dolpo Trek ends / Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Lower Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu in B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Juphal and Juphal-Nepaljung-Kathmandu round flight ticket with Airport Tax.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Lower Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Lower Dolpo Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Lower Dolpo Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Lower Dolpo Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 07, 2021 - March, 25, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|April, 06, 2021 - March, 24, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|April, 17, 2021 - May, 05, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|May, 11, 2021 - May, 30, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|September, 08, 2021 - September, 26, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|September, 25, 2021 - October, 13, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|October, 03, 2021 - October, 21, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|October, 16, 2021 - November, 03, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
|November 10, 2021 - December, 30, 2021||Available||3,105.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Special Region Trek