North of the Great Himalayan range, amongst a tangled knot of jagged mountains, lies a rugged and fascinating land, the once independent kingdom of Zanskar. Lamayuru Padum Trekking Sandwiched between the Indus Valley and the main crest of the Indian Himalaya, this remote and inaccessible setting, well guarded by snowy mountain passes, has kept alive an archaic form of Tibetan Buddhism which flourishes in chain of far-flung monasteries, most of which occupy spectacular fortified locations, high on rocky ridges in isolated valleys.
Lovely high meadow camp sites and dry desert land, high passes and snow-capped peaks stunning scenery, Buddhist monasteries and picturesque villages with their irrigated fields of barley and potatoes, and fascinating encounters with the Zanskari people turn a trek in this area into an unforgettable experience.
Lamayuru Padum Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Delhi and Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Leh (3500m), Hotel.
- Day 03: Sightseeing in Leh, Hotel
- Day 04: Drive To Lamayuru (129 Kms) Trek to Lamayuru - Wanla (4 / 5 Hrs.)
- Day 05: Wanla - Hanupatta (6 / 7 Hrs.)
- Day 06: Hanupatta - Photoksar (6 / 7 Hrs.)
- Day 07: Photoksar - Marling (8 / 9 Hrs.)
- Day 08: Marling - Lingshed (6 / 7 Hrs.)
- Day 09: Lingshed
- Day 10: Lingshed - Zingchen (7 / 8 Hrs.)
- Day 11: Zingchen - Hanumil (6 / 7 Hours.)
- Day 12: Hanumil - Pishu (5 / 6 Hrs.)
- Day 13: Pishu - Karsha (5 / 6 Hrs.)
- Day 14: Karsha - Padum (3 / 4 Hrs.)
- Day 15: Drive to Kargil. (8 / 9 hrs.)
- Day 16: Drive to Leh (7 hrs.)
- Day 17: Free day Leh.
- Day 18: Stok - Mankarmo
- Day 19: Base Camp Stok Kangri
- Day 20: Advanced base camp
- Day 21: Stok Kangri - Mankarmo
- Day 21: Stok - Leh
- Day 22: Final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Lamayuru Padum Trek Cost Includes
- Domestic flights (Delhi - Leh - Delhi)
- transportation as mentioned in the program by a private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur.
- Accompaniment: the assistance of a local staff: guide, cook (and cook helpers for large groups).
- The Jeep for the carrying of individual camping, cooking and collective material.
- Lodging : hotel in Delhi and Leh, camping during the Nature Safari
- Meals : full board except the meals in Delhi and Leh
Lamayuru Padum Trek Cost Excludes
- India visa fee(payable at airport upon arrival)
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Bar bills (Coke, mineral water, hard or soft drinks)
- Personal expenses
- Donation or tips
- Emergency evacuation for the Rescue.
- Personal equipment and Medical kid box
Lamayuru Padum Trek Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Lamayuru Padum Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Lamayuru Padum Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2021 - May, 05, 2021||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Lamayuru is a small village between Kargil and Leh in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir in India. Lamayuru is home to one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh, dating back to the 10th century. Local legend has it that the place was once a lake that dried up. The village has around 100 houses scattered around the Lamayuru Monastery.
Lamayuru village is 125km from Leh on the Leh–Srinagar Highway. Any vehicle going from Leh to Kargil, or on to Srinagar, will invariably pass through Lamayuru. State transport buses ply from Leh bus stand to Lamayuru at 08:00 and 14:00; however, it's wiser to visit the bus stand a day before to confirm the timings.
Padum is named after Padmasambhava. It is the only town and administrative centre in Zanskar. It was historically one of the two main capitals of the Zanskar Kingdom, the other being Zangla. It is 240 km away via the link road from Kargil town (National Highway No. 01).
Padum is at the centre of the tri armed Zanskar valley. It has an average elevation of 3,657 metres (11,998 feet). There are several villages to the north-east of Padum leading to Karsha monastery.
The population of Padum is about 1,000 people. The traditional heart of the village is below the gompa and Palace khar (now in ruins) where two large chortens stand above old buildings. A road was constructed in 1980 from NH1, Kargil over Pensi La while the road to Darcha is yet half way through. Padum has several hotels, homestays and restaurants meant for tourists. Padum has a post office, internet cafes and telephone booths.nomy Class.
Responsible TravelA proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Location map of Lamayuru Padum Trek
Similar India Tours/Trekking