Peak Climbing Highlights
- Cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kwangde Peak Climbing 6,011m
- Beautiful trekking along the Dudh Koshi River to Namche towards Kwangde
- Immersion into Sherpa culture
- Breathtaking views of mountains
Kwangde Peak Climbing is a beautiful adventure climbing trip in the Everest region. Kwangde peak has another popular name as Kwangde Ri that stands at the elevation of 6,011 meters above sea level. As a highly technical peak to climb, Kwangde invites the adventurers every year to take the challenge of climbing technicalities and difficult.
The climbing adventure has a few days of beautiful trekking through Sherpa villages, river valleys and wonderful landscapes. Once you land at the Lukla airstrip on the beautiful adventure, mountains start sending you wonderful views all throughout the trip. The trail runs along Dudh Koshi River valley towards Phakding and goes to Namche Bazar via Monjo and crossing Hilary Bridge along the trail. Before reaching the Kwangde base camp, you will experience the rich Sherpa culture at Thame, the Sherpa village where many legendary mountaineers were born including Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
As one of the trekking peaks in the Everest region, Kwangde Peak Climbing brings captivating views along the trek and during the climbing. It becomes an adventure that brings a lot of memorable moments along with the challenges it puts forward to the adventurers.
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu (1400m), Transfer to Hotel.
Today is the day of your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. As soon as you come out of the Kathmandu airport, you will find our representative waiting for you in the waiting area right outside the arrival lounge. You will be warmly greeted and welcomed by the representative and led to the vehicle. Our vehicle will take you to the trip hotel, most of the time in Thamel, that is 20-30 minutes drive, depending upon traffic, from the airport.
After you check into the hotel, you can take relaxing time on your own as there are no activities scheduled for today, except our trip briefing meeting. We will let you know about the briefing timing upon your arrival.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Trek Preparation, Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. We come to take your for a wonderful cultural heritage tour of Kathmandu valley. As part of the tour, we are going to visit four of the UNESCO Heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley. The places we visit today are incredible mixture of culture, history, spirituality, art and stories. Overnight in Hote.
Believed to have been created on its own, this Budhhist stupa is the oldest of all the monuments in Kathmandu valley. Standing atop a small hillock, Swoyambunath, known as monkey temple amongst tourists, provides a fascinating view of the valley, surrounding hills and snow-capped mountain at the distance on a clear day.
Patan Durbar Square
One of the three medieval palace squares, Patan Durbar Square holds its medieval art and architectural grandeur. Amazing skill of the artisans is evident in each and every building that stands in the square. The square comprises of medieval palace, temples and museum.
This site is the most sacred Hindu temple area in the country. But, as the temple is strictly a Hindu only area, non-Hindu tourists go there to watch the unique Hindu cremation rituals on the bank of River Bagmati. The death rites of Hindu family there are so engrossing and heart-touching which make you feel the moment. It's not any kind of intrusion in being there and watching somebody being cremated in an open ground. It's a great cultural experience.
This giant Buddhist stupa is considered as the biggest one in the world. This small square with giant shrine has a powerful presence of the spiritual vibrations. It's an important pilgrimage site for the people following Tibetan Buddhism.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,810m) trek to Phakding (2,610m), Lodge
After a day of wonderful immersion into Kathmandu vibes, we are ready to fly and trek into the higher elevation. We drive to airport early morning to board our flight to Lukla to enter the Everest region. About half hour of spectacular flight takes us to the small but beautiful town of Lukla where magical mountain peaks extend their warm welcome to us.
Once we prepare for the day walk, we proceed walking towards Phakding as the destination for the day. The first day of walk in the Everest region goes along the Dudh Koshi River passing through several mani walls, chhortens and beautiful landscapes. Phakding village lies beautifully on the bank of Dudh Koshi River where we spend the night.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m), Lodge
It's a beautiful day of walking into the Sagarmatha National Park. We relish the mouthwatering breakfast as a gentle breeze comforts the morning. We set off on the trek for the day and reach Monjo to enter the national park zone. After checking into the park, we head up towards Namche Bazar. Crossing suspension bridges over the river in several places; passing through forested parts and many wonderful views, we finally reach Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazar is a beautiful settlement on a mountain slope with the view of Himalayan peaks right in front. It is also an important trade center in Everest region. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazzar, Lodge
An additional day of exploring around Namche is required to acclimatize with the thinning air as we go higher. We hike to the Everest view point to get the very first glimpse of Mt. Everest along with other impressive peaks in the region. We can hike up to Khumjung if you like to. The hiking to a higher elevation will help us acclimatize properly so that we can walk further higher. We return back to Namche Bazar in the afternoon and wander around the bazar. A relaxing afternoon will reenergize and prepare us for the next day. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Thame (3,950m), Lodge
Our walk today is headed to Thame, a beautiful and glorious Sherpa village with many mountaineers born there. With fewer trekkers in the route, the walk today feels quite peaceful. With the proper acclimatization hiking at Namche yesterday, we are ready to walk further higher. But we keep our pace slow and steady to adjust ourselves with the thinning level of oxygen in the air. A beautiful trekking day with spectacular views of the mountains, we finally reach Thame to stay overnight. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 07: Trek to Kwangde Base Camp (4,700m), Overnight in Camp
We are trekking to Kwangde Base Camp today. This beautiful day trek takes us to the base camp through incredibly peaceful region of the mountain where we meet just a few trekkers and climbing adventurers. We reach the base camp to have enough time to explore around adjusting with the increasing elevation.
- Day 08: Climb up to High Camp (5,200m), Overnight in Camp
Our adventure at the foot of Kwangde peak takes us up to the high camp to stay overnight. It is a tough day of walk as we struggle up towards a higher elevation taking ourselves well at 5,200 meters above sea level. Once reach the high camp and settle, we can take leisurely time to acclimatize and enjoy the view of the surrounding. .
- Day 09: Summit Day (6,011m), back to Base Camp, Overnight in Camp
It's the highlight day of the trip as we attempt the summit of Kwangde peak. We start the trip right after the middle of the night and struggle up towards the peak. As we climb towards the summit and the day light starts to break, stunning views start appearing in front of us. Magnificent mountain peaks tower tall around Kwangde and we eventually reach the summit after quite a struggle up in the mountain. We enjoy memorable moments at the top before starting the descent. We descend all the way back to base camp today with the summit achievement.
- Day 10: Contingency Day, Overnight in Camp
This day is an extra day to make up any possible delays or obstacles on the summit push. If we do not need this contingency day, we will trek to Namche Bazzar today.
- Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazzar , Overnight in Lodge
If we use the contingency day on our climb, we trek to Namche Bazzar today. After the awesome achievement of the summit of Kwangde peak, we trace the trail down to Namche Bazzar to stay overnight.
- Day 12: Trek to Lukla, Overnight in Lodge
The final day of this trek is eventually here today. We walk back to Lukla on this 5 to 6 hours walking day. We celebrate the end of the trekking and climbing part of the journey and thank our wonderfully amazing supporting crew members for their service and effort to take us to the adventure of our life time safely.
- Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
We get ready for the flight back to Kathmandu. We board the plane at Lukla airstrip and fly back to Kathmandu. Once we land in Kathmandu airport, we go to hotel and spend the whole day at leisure on our own. Finding relieving massage, good food, souvenir shopping, and wandering around can keep you busy for the day.
A farewell dinner is scheduled for this evening. We will let you know the departure time for dinner once we reach Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Contingency Day, Overnight in Hotel
This is an additional day in the itinerary to compensate any possible delays on the trekking or cancellation of the flights. We extremely recommend that you have at least 2 extra days after the itinerary days so to maintain any possible delays or cancellation of the flight. If everything goes without any problem, you can utilize those extra days doing some other activities.
- Day 15: Final Departure
The final day of the trip, we drive you to airport for your scheduled flight homebound or other destination. We will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight schedule.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Kwangde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop for both International and Domestic flight by Private vehicle.
- Welcome, Farewell dinner with cultural program.
- 4 Night Tourist Standard Accmmodation in Kathmandu with B/B basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge Accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- 4 Night Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Kwangde Peak Climbing.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Kwangde Peak Climbing permits, TIMS Card Fee, and Everest National Park Area entrance fees .
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Kwangde Peak Climbing Group Climbing Gear, Climbing Rope, Snow Bars & Carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Kwangde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Kwangde Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Kwangde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Kwangde Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2021 - May, 01, 2021||Available||2,730.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2021 - October, 09, 2021||Available||2,730.00||Inquiry|
|October, 04, 2021 - October, 19, 2021||Available||2,730.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2021 - October, 25, 2021||Available||2,730.00||Inquiry|
|November, 04, 2021 - November, 19, 2021||Available||2,730.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Kwangde Peak Climbing Route Map: Approx.
Similar Everest Region Climbing