- Island Peak Climbing (6,189m)
- Epic trekking journey to Everest Base Camp (5,364m)
- Hiking to incredible Kalapatthar View Point (5,545m)
- Exploration of Tengboche Monastery
- Sherpa cultural wonders of Everest region
- Peaceful and adventurous trekking experience
- Cultural Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
Island Peak Climbing is one of the most popular climbing trips in Nepal. Island Peak, previously Imja Tse, is a beautiful trekking peak that doesn't require any previous climbing experience though having it is definitely an advantage.
This 6,189 meters tall mountain amidst the Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and several other soaring mountains in the Khumbu region attracts hundreds of trekkers to climb this mountain. Although many Everest climbers use this peak for an acclimatization climb, it has a distinctly beautiful charm of its own to entice climbers to summit it.
This trip brings several wonders of Khumbu region in addition to the mountain marvels. Before attempting the summit of the Island Peak, the trip takes you to Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar for acclimatization. It is certainly an awesome opportunity to take this acclimatization trek that lets us enjoy the moments of being at the base of the highest mountain in the world. After celebration the moments at the Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar, the trip heads towards Island Peak to attempt the summit of this beautiful mountain.
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu (1400m), Transfer to Hotel.
Today is the day of your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. As soon as you come out of the Kathmandu airport, you will find our representative waiting for you in the waiting area right outside the arrival lounge. You will be warmly greeted and welcomed by the representative and led to the vehicle. Our vehicle will take you to the trip hotel, most of the time in Thamel, that is 20-30 minutes drive, depending upon traffic, from the airport.
After you check into the hotel, you can take relaxing time on your own as there are no activities scheduled for today, except our trip briefing meeting. We will let you know about the briefing timing upon your arrival.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Trek Preparation, Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. We come to take your for a wonderful cultural heritage tour of Kathmandu valley. As part of the tour, we are going to visit four of the UNESCO Heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley. The places we visit today are incredible mixture of culture, history, spirituality, art and stories. Overnight in Hote.
Believed to have been created on its own, this Budhhist stupa is the oldest of all the monuments in Kathmandu valley. Standing atop a small hillock, Swoyambunath, known as monkey temple amongst tourists, provides a fascinating view of the valley, surrounding hills and snow-capped mountain at the distance on a clear day.
Patan Durbar Square
One of the three medieval palace squares, Patan Durbar Square holds its medieval art and architectural grandeur. Amazing skill of the artisans is evident in each and every building that stands in the square. The square comprises of medieval palace, temples and museum.
This site is the most sacred Hindu temple area in the country. But, as the temple is strictly a Hindu only area, non-Hindu tourists go there to watch the unique Hindu cremation rituals on the bank of River Bagmati. The death rites of Hindu family there are so engrossing and heart-touching which make you feel the moment. It's not any kind of intrusion in being there and watching somebody being cremated in an open ground. It's a great cultural experience.
This giant Buddhist stupa is considered as the biggest one in the world. This small square with giant shrine has a powerful presence of the spiritual vibrations. It's an important pilgrimage site for the people following Tibetan Buddhism.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,810m) trek to Phakding (2,610m), Lodge
After a day of wonderful immersion into Kathmandu vibes, we are ready to fly and trek into the higher elevation. We drive to airport early morning to board our flight to Lukla to enter the Everest region. About half hour of spectacular flight takes us to the small but beautiful town of Lukla where magical mountain peaks extend their warm welcome to us.
Once we prepare for the day walk, we proceed walking towards Phakding as the destination for the day. The first day of walk in the Everest region goes along the Dudh Koshi River passing through several mani walls, chhortens and beautiful landscapes. Phakding village lies beautifully on the bank of Dudh Koshi River where we spend the night. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m), Lodge
It's a beautiful day of walking into the Sagarmatha National Park. We relish the mouthwatering breakfast as a gentle breeze comforts the morning. We set off on the trek for the day and reach Monjo to enter the national park zone. After checking into the park, we head up towards Namche Bazar. Crossing suspension bridges over the river in several places; passing through forested parts and many wonderful views, we finally reach Namche Bazar. Namche Bazar is a beautiful settlement on a mountain slope with the view of Himalayan peaks right in front. It is also an important trade center in Everest region. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazzar, Lodge
An additional day of exploring around Namche is required to acclimatize with the thinning air as we go higher. We hike to the Everest view point to get the very first glimpse of Mt. Everest along with other impressive peaks in the region. We can hike up to Khumjung if you like to. The hiking to a higher elevation will help us acclimatize properly so that we can walk further higher. We return back to Namche Bazar in the afternoon and wander around the bazar. A relaxing afternoon will reenergize and prepare us for the next day. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Phortse (3,700m) via Mong La, Overnight in Lodge
A fresh morning with the view of mountain peaks makes our breakfast even tastier. Filled with the energy, we are ready to trek to Phortse village today. Our trek goes to Phortse village via Mong La and Phortse Tenga. Phortse village is a beautiful Sherpa village with agricultural land. We can explore the beauty of the wonderful Sherpa village that nestles on the lap of a mountain.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4,400m), Overnight in Lodge
We leave the comfort of the lodge and head towards Dingboche. The walk passes through the Diboche and Pangboche villages. Pangboche village has a beautiful monastery that is the largest one in the area and has a scalp of Yeti. After exploring the monastery, we take the trail towards Dingboche.
Dingboche is a beautiful Sherpa village that stands at the elevation of 4,410 meters above sea level and projects an incredible view of the mountain peaks. This village is a common stopover place for the trekkers and climbers to Everest Base Camp, Ama Dablam and Island Peak. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 08: Acclimatization Day at Dingboche(4,400m), Overnight in Lodge
At the elevation of 4,410 meters above sea level here and much higher to go, we are in need of an additional day to acclimatize. For the purpose, we go for a day hiking trip to a higher point near and around Dingboche. The day will bring us breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. We return back to Dingboche from the hike and go to explore the surrounding for a while. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4,900m), Overnight in Lodge
The landscape gets distinct as we walk higher into the elevation. We feel the change not only in the landscape but also in the level of oxygen, vegetation and trail. The trail to Lobuche passes through glacial moraines and is boulder strewn. We cross Thukla pass, where we see several memorial chhortens, and walk towards Lobuche. Lobuche is a small village with lodges that serves as the stopover site for the trekkers and climbers heading to Everest and Lobuche Peak. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 10: Trek to EBC (5,380m) via Gorakshep and back to Gorakshep, Overnight in Lodge
Today is the day when we make it to the destination of this epic journey. We trek to the Everest base camp via Gorakshep after stopping for the lunch there. Gorakshep serves as our overnight site for the day. After checking in the lodge at Gorakshep, we set off on the journey to the epic Everest base camp. The trail to the base of the highest mountain in the world is full of glacial moraine and boulders. We reach the base camp and spend some wonderful time there taking pictures and absorbing the mountain vibes. We, later, walk back to Gorakshep to stay overnight.
- Day 11: Hike up to Kalapathar (5,545m), Trek back to Lobuche, Overnight in Lodge
The hike that we are going to go for this early morning is taking us to the maximum elevation of the trip. When we hike to Kalapatthar for a marvelous sunrise over the panoramic Himalayan range, we will be at the elevation of 5,545 meters above sea level, the highest point on this trek.
We watch the sun rise beautifully over the magnificent mountains; take picture of the mountains and the sunrise and, later on, return back to lodge at Gorakshep for breakfast. Hungrily devouring the breakfast, we fill up ourselves with much needed energy to go back. We are trekking back to Lobuche today. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 12: Trek to Dingboche (4,300m), Overnight in Lodge
After relishing delicious breakfast at Lobuche, we get ready to trek back down to Dingboche. We traverse the trail filled with glacial moraine and rocky boulders. We reach Dingboche to spend relaxing time lazing around and exploiting the most out of the time.
- Day 13: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,000m), Overnight in Tented Camp
We are leaving the Everest base camp trail and heading towards Island Peak today. Our destination today is Island Peak base camp. The trail descends to Imja Khola and advances towards Chhukung for the lunch. Later after lunch, we start trekking to the base camp for our overnight stay. We set up our tented camp to spend the night.
- Day 14: Climbing Clinic at Island Peak Base Camp, Overnight in Tented Camp
We spend a full day today here at the base camp of Island Peak to acclimatize, train and rest for the summit push tomorrow. On the climbing clinic today, we will discuss and prepare the details about the climbing techniques, difficulties and challenges along the climbing route, timings and every detail that is required to go for the summit. It will be a good rest day as well so that we get well prepared, full of energy, for the highlight activity of the trip. We spend overnight at the tented camp at the base camp.
- Day 15: Climbing up to Summit (6,189m) & back to Base Camp, Overnight in Tented Camp
Our start for the summit today is really early, almost right after the middle of the night. With the help of flash light and expert guidance of our guide, we follow the sandy first and then rocky trail that leads us up towards the summit. After struggling at the rocky path for few hours, we reach the snow slope and summit gully where we need some technical activities to do. With the help of fixed ropes, we eventually summit the 6,189 meters high Island Peak. The summit provides excellent views of mountain peaks around including Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam.
After spending beautiful moments at the top, we start the descent back to the base camp. It will be a strenuous effort of about 10-12 hours to reach the summit and come back down to the base camp.
- Day 16: Contingency Day
This day is an extra day to make up any possible delays or obstacles on the summit push. If we do not need this contingency day, we will trek to Pangboche today.
- Day 17: Trek to Pangboche (3,985m), Overnight in Lodge
In case of the use of contingency day, we are trekking to Pangboche village. We trek past Chhukung village; cross Imja Khola and then trek up to Pangboche. Once we reach Pangboche, we can laze around exploring the area.
- Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m), Overnight in Lodge
The journey back down to Namche Bazar will be of around six hours. We trek to Tengboche and visit the famous Tengboche monastery before descending to Namche Bazar. Once we reach Namche Bazar, we can take some relaxing stroll around Namche Bazar in the evening or just stay inside the comfort of the lodge. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 19: Trek to Lukla (2,860m) via Phakding, Lodge
The final day of this trek is eventually here today. We walk back to Lukla via Monjo and Phakding along the Dudh Koshi River. A round trip on the Everest Base Camp trail comes to end here. We celebrate the end of the trekking part of the journey and thank our wonderfully amazing supporting crew members for their service and effort to take us to the base camp and back safely. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu (1,400m), Check in Hotel
We get ready for the flight back to Kathmandu. We board the plane at Lukla airstrip and fly back to Kathmandu. Once we land in Kathmandu airport, we go to hotel and spend the whole day at leisure on our own. Finding relieving massage, good food, souvenir shopping, and wandering around can keep you busy for the day.
A farewell dinner is scheduled for this evening. We will let you know the departure time for dinner once we reach Kathmandu.
- Day 21: Free (Contingency) Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
This is an additional day in the itinerary to compensate any possible delays on the trekking or cancellation of the flights. We extremely recommend that you have at least 2 extra days after the itinerary days so to maintain any possible delays or cancellation of the flight. If everything goes without any problem, you can utilize those extra days doing some other activities.
- Day 22: Departure Day
The final day of the trip, we drive you to airport for your scheduled flight homebound or other destination. We will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight schedule.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Airport Pick up and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome, Farewell dinner with cultural program.
- 4 Nights Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu with B/B Basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge Accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- 4 Nights Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Island peak base camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Island Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio Porter Carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in worst condition.
- Island peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Island Peak Climbing Spring/Autumn 2017/2018 Fixed Departures
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Island Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 18, 2017 - April, 08, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 01, 2017 - April, 22, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 06, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 22, 2017 - May, 13, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 30, 2017 - May, 21, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|May, 07, 2017 - May, 28, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2017 - October, 15, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 01, 2017 - October, 22, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 08, 2017 - October, 29, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 12, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 29, 2017 - November, 19, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|November, 04, 2017 - November, 25, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|November, 19, 2017 - December, 10, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|December, 02, 2017 - December, 23, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|December, 17, 2017 - January, 08, 2018||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Island Peak Climbing Map
Similar Everest Region Climbing