Island Peak is the most famous peak among the trekking peaks due to its location & relative ease to climb is situated in the Everest region. From the summit of Island peak Lhotse 8511m (4th highest mountain in the world), Makalu, Barunste, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cholaste, Lobuche peak and other peaks are visible in close range.
Island Peak (Imje Tse 6189m) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. It was renamed "Imje Tse" in the early '80s, though its original name is still more popular. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated West Face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier.
In fact, the mountain extends from the South Ridge of Lhotse Shar and is separated only by a small col. above this gap which is the ridge leading to summit. From the Base Camp, you will have to ascend a steep, grassy slope with small rocky steps to High Camp. From here it is necessary to climb a steep, exposed snow and ice ramp to the summit ridge; fixed ropes will have to be used where necessary for a safe ascent to the top. This climb requires more technical expertise than other climbs, however we will make it easier for by providing you with a technically proficient Sherpa climbing guide who is known for his knowledge of scaling high mountain peaks.
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley, Trek/Expedition Preparation, Hotel
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2,800m) & trek to Phakding (2,610m), Lodge
- Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m), Lodge
- Day 05: Namche rest for acclimatization, Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Phortse (3,700m) via Mong La, Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Trek to Dingboche (4,400m), Lodge
- Day 08: Free day and Acclimatization day Dingboche(4,400m), Lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4,900m), Lodge
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,380m) via Gorakshep back to Gorakshep, Lodge
- Day 11: Trek to Kalapathar (5,545m), Trek back to Lobuche, Lodge
- Day 12: Trek to Dingboche (4,300m), Lodge
- Day 13: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,000m), Tented Camp
- Day 14: Rest and Climbing Clinic Course Island Peak Base camp (5,000m), Tented Camp
- Day 15: Climbing to Summit (6,189m) & back to Island Peak Base Camp, Tented Camp
- Day 16: Trek to Pangboche (3,985m), Lodge
- Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar, Lodge
- Day 18: Trek to Lukla, Lodge
- Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel.
- Day 20: Free and Rest day in Kathmandu. Hotel
- Day 21: Final Departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Island peak base camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Island Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Island peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Island Peak Climbing Spring/Autumn 2017/2018 Fixed Departures
Island Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Island Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 18, 2017 - April, 08, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 01, 2017 - April, 22, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 06, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 22, 2017 - May, 13, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 30, 2017 - May, 21, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|May, 07, 2017 - May, 28, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2017 - October, 15, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 01, 2017 - October, 22, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 08, 2017 - October, 29, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 12, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 29, 2017 - November, 19, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|November, 04, 2017 - November, 25, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|November, 19, 2017 - December, 10, 2017||Guaranteed||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|December, 02, 2017 - December, 23, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|December, 17, 2017 - January, 08, 2018||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Island Peak Climbing Map
Similar Everest Region Climbing